The Presidents of Radcliffe College

Formerly known as the Society for the Collegiate Instruction of Women, Radcliffe College was chartered by the Massachusetts state legislature in 1894. The College existed from that date until 1999, when it officially and fully merged with Harvard University. From 1894 through 1999, eight dedicated individuals led the College, until it became the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study under the leadership of its first dean, Drew Gilpin Faust. For more history, see the online exhibit It’s Complicated.


THE PATTY TRUSTMAN GELFMAN COLLECTION ON THE HISTORY OF RADCLIFFE COLLEGE