The Beecher-Stowe Family was a prominent New England family noted for its contributions in the fields of education, religion, social reform, and literature. Its most notable members included:
- author Harriet Beecher Stowe;
- clergyman Lyman Beecher and his children;
- clergyman and abolitionist Henry Ward Beecher;
- educator Catharine Beecher; and
- suffragist Isabella Beecher Hooker.
The papers in our collection center around abolition, education, family relationships, health, and publishing.
The Schlesinger Library Online Collection: Beecher-Stowe Family portal is now available: