Maud Wood Park, who graduated from Radcliffe College in 1898, was a key figure in the suffrage movement. After the ratification of the Nineteenth Amendment, she served as the first president of the League of Women Voters.
In 1943, Park donated to her alma mater a large collection of material covering the suffrage movement. Known as the Woman’s Rights Collection, her gift formed the nucleus of the Women’s Archives, which later became the Schlesinger Library.
The collection provides information about Park at Radcliffe, her involvement in the suffrage campaigns, her activities after the passage of the 19th Amendment, and the people with whom she worked.