Harvard Radcliffe Institute owns and operates an apartment building located at 83 Brattle Street, close to Harvard Square and Radcliffe Yard.
Brattle Street Apartments
All full-time fellows, faculty, visiting scholars, and staff at Harvard University and the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study are eligible to apply for housing at the 83 Brattle Street Apartments.
Applications will be approved on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to Radcliffe fellows, then to Harvard University fellows and to Harvard graduate students.
Recently renovated and comfortably furnished, the 83 Brattle Street Apartments offer 1920s charm just steps from Harvard Square. A variety of sizes and price ranges are available, and leases can be written for the summer, a semester, or the academic year.
We are currently accepting rental applications.
A temporary pandemic relief adjustment in the amount of $150 per month, per unit, will be applied to each unit’s rent from September 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Building amenities include:
- Heat and hot water
- Elevator in building
- Free Harvard Wi-Fi
- Hardwood floors in most units
- Bathrooms with granite-top vanities and ceramic tile floors
- Kitchens with granite counters, solid maple cabinets, and energy-efficient appliances
- Coin-operated washers and dryers on site
- Basic house wares (including kitchen equipment, one set of bedding, and bathroom accessories)
- No pets may be kept or harbored in the unit or elsewhere in the building.
- Smoking is not permitted in or around the perimeter of the building.
- Approximate square footage: 265–275
- Approximate rent (monthly): $2,174 to $2,242
- View studio floor plan
Studio Apartment with Alcove
- Approximate square footage: 360
- Approximate rent (monthly): $2,394 to $2,475
- View studio with alcove floor plan
- Approximate square footage: 425
- Approximate rent (monthly): $2,681 to $2,740
- View one bedroom floor plan
One Bedroom with Hallway
- Approximate square footage: 450
- Approximate rent (monthly): $2,709 to $2,833
- View one bedroom with hallway floor plan
- Approximate square footage: 620
- Approximate rent (monthly): $3,407 to $3,560
- View two bedroom floor plan
Other Harvard Housing Resources: Harvard University Housing (HUH)